Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
1. WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED BY US
We collect personal information about you when you visit one of our stores, use our Website (www.brightexretail.com) or if you communicate with us by phone, email and social media. We refer to our Websites as "Online Services".
1.1.1 Types of personal information we collect:
- Personal details such as your name, address, date of birth, email address, phone number and other contact information, transaction information, such as the product you purchased, its price, your method of payment and your payment details which are anonymised as per PCI DSS recommended standards.
- Your account information – such as dates of payments owed and received, the subscription services you use or any other information related to your account
- The phone numbers that you call/send messages to or the phone numbers that you receive calls/messages from.
- The date and time of the calls and messages you send or receive through our network, and your location at the time these communications take place.
1.1.2 When you're using our Online Services, the information we collect:
- Account information, like your username, password, and other identifiers or credentials you use to access our online services or to buy our products and services, details of your shopping preferences, such as your favorite products, as well as shopping preference online or in store.
- Information that you provide in your dealings with us. This includes when you register to use our online services, or when you subscribe to our services or request further services and/or information from us
- Details of your visits to the Website, in-store WIFI and the resources that you access. Examples include ads that you click, device information and location
- IP address and cookie data
1.1.3 The situations when you provide personal information could include when you:
- Purchase products at our store
- Register or use our Online Services including mobile device applications
- Request to receive marketing or other communications
- Use our Wi-Fi networks
- Enter one of our competitions or when you complete one of our customer surveys
- Submit information when you’re providing feedback
- Use interactive features of our Online Services
1.2 INFORMATION FROM THIRD-PARTY SOURCES
When permitted by law, we will collect information about you from third-party sources. For example,
- We may also obtain certain information such as name, email id and phone number from third-party social network services (e.g. when you use a social network account to sign in to our service)
- Information about you that others provided to us (e.g. your delivery address that other users may provide to us when they buy products for you)
1.3 NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We may also collect other types of information which are not directly or indirectly linked to an individual and which may not be defined as personal information according to applicable local laws. Such information may include statistical data generated when you use a specific service (e.g. daily usage events, page access events, page access time events and session events); network monitoring data (e.g. request time, number of request or error request etc.); application crash events. The purpose for such collecting is to improve the services we provide to you. The type and amount of information collected depends on how you use our services. Such data is not personal information as it cannot be used to identify you. However, if we combine non-personal information with personal information, such information will be treated as personal information.
2. HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data. These are set out below.
2.1 When we're required to enter into a contract with you
We use your personal information to process your orders and payments or to give you a refund.
2.2 Where you have provided consent
We use email and text messages to communicate with you about our products and services, competitions, offers, promotions or special events where you tick a box.
2.3 Where there is a Legitimate Interest
As a Company we are often required to process your personal data in order to carry out certain tasks relating to our business activities. In such cases, processing of personal data can be justified on grounds of legitimate interest.
- To provide customer support and to respond to, and communicate with you about your requests
- To contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information
- To check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied (e.g. customer surveys)
- For marketing activities (other than where we rely on your consent) e.g. marketing permissions captured during the course of a sale, personalising marketing messages through social media and other third party platforms
- To send promotional material (e.g. renewals) to you in the post or inform you of our offers by telephone
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request)
- To send communications to you about your orders, purchases or accounts and bill you for using our products or services
- To let you post on our blogs and interact with us through social media.
Personalise & Improve our Service:
- To personalise your experience on our online services. This could include providing you with interesting, relevant content, or making navigation to our Site
- To help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you use, the way you use them and how you shop across the company, so we can serve you better
- Improve the content and appearance of the Website(s) or App(s), and to make sure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you
- To operate, evaluate and improve our business, including the development of new products and services; to determine the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; and the analysis and improvement of our products, offers, promotions, and Online Services and other technologies
- To show you relevant ads by using data collected from your devices, including your searches, location, ads that you have seen and personal information that you have given us, such as your age range, gender and topics of interest. Dependingon your Ads Settings, this data informs the ads that you see across your devices. So if you visit our website on your computer at work, you might see ads about our products or services on your phone later that night.
2.4 When we're required to comply with our Legal Obligation
We'll use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations including:
- To identify you when you contact us
- To verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you
- To assist HMRC and/or the Police and/or other regulatory bodies in relation to an investigation by a public authority
2.5 Where it is in your Vital Interest
In certain circumstances it is in your vital interests for us to process your personal information. We may need to contact you if there are any urgent safety or product recall notices or where we otherwise reasonably believe that the processing of your personal information will prevent or reduce any potential harm to you.
3. WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
4. PROTECTION OF MINORS:
We consider it the responsibility of the parent or guardian to supervise the child's use of our services. However, we do not offer services directly to a child or use personal data of children for the purposes of marketing. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that the minor has provided us personal information, please contact us at www.brightexretail.com/pages/contact-us to ensure that the personal information is removed immediately and that the minor is unsubscribed from any of the applicable services.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
5.1 Access to Information held about you:
You have the right to request what personal information we hold about you. This is sometimes called a 'Data Subject Access Request'. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we'll provide it to you free of charge. Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information. Except in rare cases, we’ll respond to you within 30 days after we've received this information or, where no such information is required, after we’ve received your request.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
In certain circumstances you have the right to request a copy of your personal information from us or to have that information passed to an organisation of your choice in a format that can be easily re-used.
5.2 Right to stop or limit our processing of your data
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we’re not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
Where we rely on our legitimate interests, as set out under 'How we use your personal information', you may object to us using it for these purposes. If we agree that your objection is justified in accordance with your rights under data protection laws, we’ll permanently stop using your data for those purposes. Otherwise we’ll provide you with our justification as to why we need to continue using your data.
You have the right to obtain from us the restriction of processing your personal information. We shall consider the grounds regarding your restriction request. If the grounds apply to GDPR, we shall only process your personal information under applicable circumstances in GDPR and inform you before the restriction of processing is lifted.
You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal information if:
- It isn't accurate
- It has been used unlawfully but you don't want us to delete it
- It's not relevant any more, but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims
You’ve already asked us to stop using your data but you’re waiting for us to tell you if we’re allowed to keep on using it.
Please note that we may be required by law to retain certain information. Before we are able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you provide other details to help us respond to your request.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us.
Please make sure you provide the following identification documents as part of your application:
Please make sure you provide one proof of identity (we suggest either a utility bill in your name or your driver's licence, but other similar formal documents may be accepted, please note the documents cannot be older than 6 months) as part of your request.
6. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will keep your personal information for as long as you're a customer. If you haven't made a purchase or engaged with us for 3 years or more, then we'll remove you from our marketing mailing lists. After you stop being a customer, we may keep your data for up to 7 years after the last time you interacted with us. This could include one of the ways specified in 'How we use your personal information' and for one of these reasons:
- To respond to any questions or complaints
- To show that we treated you fairly
- To maintain records according to rules that applies to us
- To establish, bring or defend legal claims.
We may keep your data for longer than 7 years if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons. We may also keep it in order to help support product recalls or safety notices. If we do, we will make sure that your privacy is protected and only use it for those purposes.
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
7. CAN YOU STOP THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING
We won't send you marketing messages if you tell us not to.
- You can click onto the "unsubscribe" link in any communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication. Each "unsubscribe" link only relates to that specific type of communication. Please also note that you may continue to receive Service communications in relation to the product and services we have sold to you
- Alternatively, you can unsubscribe by submitting your request here. Please note that it may take up to 30 days to process your request.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
9. SOCIAL PLUGINS
We use so-called social plugins (buttons) of social networks such as Facebook, Google+, You Tube, Instagram and Twitter.
After activation of a button, the social network can retrieve data, independently of whether you interact with the button or not. If you are logged on to a social network, the network can assign your visit to the website to your user account. A social network cannot assign a visit to websites operated by our other group companies unless you activate the respective button there as well.
If you're a member of a social network and don’t want that network to combine data retrieved from your visit to our websites with data they hold on you, you must log out from the social network concerned before activating the buttons.
11. CONTACT US
Brightex Retail46, Syon Lane, Isleworth, London TW7 5NQ
Contact Us: www.brightexretail.com/pages/contact-us